
A great time was had by all at the Bayou City Arts Festival this past weekend. We started off in a pretty bad location! They gave us an area way out of the main foot traffic, up on the steps of City Hall, near the artist’s hospitality booth. Having found a spot near us, on the main strip, that was unoccupied, we took it upon ourselves to move on down. This produced much better results.
Because of the nature of the event, which was primarily an art sale, we had to be extremely proactive with the crowd, to let them know who we were and that we were offering a free service. We passed out a lot of library literature, promoted programs, and end, signed 90 people up for Library cards. I think it would have been a great deal more, but many people were not from Houston, or even from Texas, and many who were already had Power Cards.
I give special thanks to Marcia Chapman, for working a total of 6 hours over the course of the weekend. Other super volunteers were: Donna Joy, Ema, Kathleen Waranius, Edrel Stoneham (Mancuso), and Barbara Morales. Special thanks also to Vick Martinez, who came in especially to help me set up and bring all the supplies over, since I didn’t have any volunteers for the first half of Saturday.
Because of the nature of the event, which was primarily an art sale, we had to be extremely proactive with the crowd, to let them know who we were and that we were offering a free service. We passed out a lot of library literature, promoted programs, and end, signed 90 people up for Library cards. I think it would have been a great deal more, but many people were not from Houston, or even from Texas, and many who were already had Power Cards.
I give special thanks to Marcia Chapman, for working a total of 6 hours over the course of the weekend. Other super volunteers were: Donna Joy, Ema, Kathleen Waranius, Edrel Stoneham (Mancuso), and Barbara Morales. Special thanks also to Vick Martinez, who came in especially to help me set up and bring all the supplies over, since I didn’t have any volunteers for the first half of Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment